Tuesday 31 October 2023

Barry Brown, Kingfisher Porteur Bike, For Sale! Completely Hand Built Frame, Fork etc...

 For Sale!
£1,150.00

Genuine near offers will be considered!
Please use the contact bar on the right side of my home page, or email me: 
knotty dot bear at gmail dot com
Collection is from West Drayton Middlesex, UB7

How Do All, 
Due to ongoing problems with my back, which after several Epidural and Nerve Block injections; I still have no relief,  I have decided to sell the bikes which I was determined not to sell, as I no longer find cycling the joy it was, just riding to work each day is too much most days.

Here I reluctantly offer my Hand Built, Barry Brown (BB) Kingfisher Porteur bike for sale.
I designed and hand built the frame and fork whilst attending the Bicycle Academy in Frome during November 2016.
I finished up the the frame and fork during the early part of 2017.

I had the frame, fork and wheel rims custom painted by the talented Tom Sturdy, of Sturdy Cycle and Bicycle Academy fame, the paint scheme was based on a kingfisher, which came and sat on a statue besides me whilst visiting Longleat house.
The basic bike cad design, after also doing a bike fit.

The frame nearing completion.

The frame and fork 99% finished after brazing.

First fit after paint and wheel building.

The bike is in Fantastic used condition. This bike was built to be ridden and not as a wall hanger! any rubs or chips on the paintwork will be mentioned with the pictures below. 
The bike was built with a dropped bottom bracket to use 140mm cranks as I suffer with my knees.
The frame is compact, and is designed for comfortable all road exploration, and a more upright position.

For sizing reference, the top tube is 21.5" (54.5cm) centre to centre, and the seat tube is 21.75" (55.2cm) from BB centre to top of tube. the bike is fitted to be with a  32" inside leg wearing shoes.

Whilst fully disassembled the frame and fork was treated with a wax frame protection spay (Frame Saver, Steel Frame Protector) so the bike will never suffer from internal rust!

Picture from 07 08 2022 and how the bike is being sold.
please note: the brooks saddle is not included! you will need to provide your own, this saddle is now on my work bike.
I am more than happy to have anyone come visit me and examine the bike. I am in the Heathrow Villages area Hillingdon, Middlesex.
If you are interested in this item please contact me. 

The Details:
Frame: all Columbus Zona tubing, Custom designed, and hand brazed. all brazing is raw finished and not filed as I wanted to see my handiwork for future reference and not hide it! plus various fittings and stainless M5 sealed bottle bosses. and rear rack fittings.
For sizing reference, the top tube is 21.5" (54.5cm) centre to centre, and the seat tube is 21.75" (55.2cm) from BB centre to top of tube. the bike is fitted to be with a  32" inside leg wearing shoes.

Fork: Reynolds disc brake fork blades and drop outs, wide MTB fork crown (can't remember the name) Spiral reinforced steerer tube.

Front Rack: Custom built and brazed by myself, using seamless 316 stainless tubing, can hold up to 10kg (not tested above this weight but possibly more) Light bosses to take B+M Cyo, Schmidt Edelux, or similar lights, (I used lipo battery packs in small bar bags) (lights not included)

Wheels: Rodi Vision 25 rims, painted by Tom Sturdy and hand built onto Novotec Polished silver hubs, with Sapim race spokes, 

Tyres: Schwalbe Kojak 26" x 2" folding (559 x 50mm) with Schwalbe tubes.

Chainset: Spa Cycles TD2 triple cranks, custom 140mm length, with Stronglight 46t, and Spa 34t & 24t rings.
BB: Tange sealed bearing 113mm.
Pedals: Shimano PD 520 white.
Front mech: Shimano 105 triple.
Chain: KMC X10 EL gold 
Rear Cassette: Shimano HG50 10 Speed 11-30
Rear mech: MicroShift R10.

Headset: Velo Orange, Gran Cru.
Stem: Gentic AQ 15 degree, 100mm reach with Garmin compatible top cap.
Handlebar: Velo Orange Porteur bar.
Seat post: Velo Orange, Gran Cru, long layback 2 bolt, 30mm set back.
Saddle: Not Included!
Brakes: TRP Spyre front and rear 160mm.
Mudguards: Velo Orange 60mm polished alloy.
Rear reflector: Velo Orange polished alloy.
Bar end shifters: Shimano 10 speed x 3
Cable Housings: Jagwire LEX SL & CGX SL pre lubricated
Cables: Clarks stainless steel. 
Brake levers: Dia compe 139 Road safety levers.

If I missed anything please contact me and ask for additional details.

The Pictures, taken today 07 08 2022

From behind.

Jtek mech cable pulley .

front mud flap, has a small split, 

Rear mud flap.

Velo Orange alloy reflector on polished alloy mudguards. 

TRP Spyre brakes, and rack / mudguard attachment.

TRP  Spyre rear brake, and the lovely cutaway dropouts (cant remember the name)

Rub through paint from carrying a long tube with no padding, treated with clear lacquer. 

MicroShift R10 mech.

Chainset.

TRP Spyre front brake.

Fork crown and small chip in frame tube, treated with clear lacquer.

Velo Orange, Gran Cru seat post (saddle not included!)

Velo Orange, Gran Cru seat post.

Velo Orange Poteur Handle bar, Dia Compe Levers and Lizard Skins 2 tone bar tape.
Black tape is where I had my bell, now on my work bike.

Front rack light mounts on the stays (lights not included!)

Front rack light mounts on the stays (lights not included!)
this picture is just to show how I used them with a mixture of lights.

Custom built stainless rack with adjustable bungee clips for holding bags etc...

Velo Orange Porteur bars.

Everything you see here, minus the saddle, bike stand and garden is included in this sale!

Seat post minus the saddle.

Schwalbe Durano custom chainstay protector hand laced.

Chain marks on ring cutaways, treated with clear lacquer.

Fork crown detail with sealed stainless rack bosses.

For Sale!
£1,150.00
Genuine near offers will be considered!
Please use the contact bar on the right side of my home page, or email me: 
knotty dot bear at gmail dot com
Thank you for looking!
Take care,
Barry ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment